- (The Lord's Fifth Book 2:15-16) Learn to prophesy by the sun, and
by the moon and by the stars. They tell no lies.
16. The Lord then gave the signs of the zodiac (the horses, and cows,
and lions, and sheep, and birds) that rule upon the earth, and upon
the winds of heaven, and on the heat and cold, and the sun, and moon
and stars, and spring and summer, and fall and winter. But these
things are here omitted in this book, because they are known in mortal
histories to this day. (Book of Osiris 8:8-13) Seven days Osire
spent traveling round about the earth, visiting angels and mortals,
but telling none who he was, or what was his object; and then he
halted his otevan, which had been built for the purpose, in the
regions of the mountains of We-ont-ka-woh, in Western Jaffeth. He
9. We-ont-ka-woh shall be my headquarters for a season. Here, then,
will I found the first Lord's kingdom for mortals; and inasmuch as
mortals have made an idol of Apollo, so will I cast down Apollo, and
make them know that I, Osire, am Lord of the earth. Then spake
10. Behold the glory of Jehovih from the first! In our journey around
the earth, we have found the I'hins not idolators, but still
worshippers of the Great Spirit, Jehovih. But as to the half-breeds,
who can understand them? They believe nothing; they believe
everything. They ask the idol for rain, and for dry weather! For
strength to slay the druks; for flesh to eat, and for famine to be
visited on their enemies.
11. They are as living prey for druj to feast on; they invite the
darkest of all evil. And to do their wills in return, the druj, the
evil spirits, busy themselves inoculating the air with poison to kill
12. Osire said: With the I'hins we have little to do; but as to the
Ghans and the I'huans, they shall be converted into disbelievers of
all spirits, save two, Jehovih and satan.
13. To accomplish which end, I will give them three figures: The signs
of seasons, which shall represent the Creator in all the parts of the
living; the sign of the sun, with motion and all life coming forth;
and the hand of man.
- (Book of Osiris 9:1-5) Through Osire,
Jehovih said: 2. I created man with a corporeal life, that he might
learn corporeal things; but behold, the I'huans have lost all energy
to acquire earthly knowledge, depending on their familiar spirits for
information on everything. Thereby wasting their mortal lives in
non-improvement. So that when they die, and enter heaven, they are
easily made slaves of by evil spirits.
3. Better were it for them had they no knowledge of spirit life, that
they might put to service the talents I created within them. See to
this matter, O My sons and Daughters; for their desire for the
presence of the spirits of the dead will draw fetals upon themselves,
and they will go down in darkness, like the ancients.
4. The Voice departed, and then Osire said: Hear me, O brothers, O
sisters; this is my commandment upon you, and to you to render unto
your successors after such time as I shall call you for the
5. Possess ye the temples and oracles, where the familiar spirits
speak; neither suffer ye familiars to come more to kings, nor queens,
nor governors, nor to leaders nor rulers of men; but take ye
possession of all such, and answer ye the corporeans with corporean
- (Book of Osiris 9:15-18) After these things are accomplished,
mortals will say further: Behold, thou Son of Jehovih, erst thou came,
Apollo told us when to plant, and when to reap; when to bring the male
and female cattle together; but now that we have put him aside, what
shall we do? And ye shall answer them:
16. Come in the star-light, and I will give you the signs, that ye may
know these things yourselves. And where ye speak in the oracle, or by
entrancement, ye shall point out to them certain stars, and give them
the names thereof; and certain groups of stars, with their names,
also; and ye shall show them the travel of the sun, north and south,
and give them a tablet of onk (zodiac), divided into twelve groups,
with twelve lines coming from the sun.
17. And ye shall raise up priests by inspiration, and by entrancement,
and through them illustrate the position of the sun in the signs of
the zodiac (onk). And the priests shall explain these things to the
unlearned, that they may comprehend of their own knowledge.
18. When these things are accomplished, ye shall inspire the I'huans
to go to the I'hins and ask to be circumcised unto Jehovih; and the
I'hins, also being under inspiration, will confess them and bestow
them with the sign.